DC offers many options for touring the city so make the most out of your visit by planning ahead. Some useful links are in blue.
- Walking Tours: Ultimately, DC is a great walking town and DC By Foot offers free self-guided tours, "pay-what-you-want" guided tours and lots of great on-line advice. The National Parks Service offers lots of free ranger-led walking tours so checkout their Washington DC calendar of events.
- Bus Tours: Many tour lines have a stop in front of the Four Seasons Hotel on St. It’s a great way to see the city and are typically the hop-on/hop-off type.
- Bike Tours: Bike and Roll DC has a variety of guided bike tours and several locations around town and their Monuments @ Nite Bike Tour is highly recommended . Don't want to work so hard? Try one of their Segway tours. Very popular and looks like lots of fun.
- Boat Tours: taking one of the many boat tours gives you a totally different perspective of DC and Virginia. Many companies operate cruises from the Georgetown waterfront. Check the web for the various companies that operate cruises from the Georgetown waterfront.
- Discounts: there are always discount tickets available for bus and boat tours, bicycle rentals, museum admissions, etc.
- GO City Card is really a great deal. For a flat fee, you choose from a list that includes the Spy Museum, Hop-on/Hop-off bus, Newseum, Mount Vernon, etc. The cards can be purchased from a variety of vendors so before you buy, make sure to search Groupon for deals.
- Groupon offers a variety of deals for tours, museums, and other attractions. Definitely worth checking out.