Georgetown is a great place to visit with your dog. Please remember that dogs are allowed in the house ONLY WITH PRIOR APPROVAL!
- Rose Park: the unofficial neighborhood dog park, its a favorite after-work meeting place so you’ll find plenty of canine playmates in the park near 27th & N Streets.
- Walgreens (1217 22nd St. NW): Walgreens Pharmacy allows dogs!
- Mount Zion Cemetery: Walk up 27th Street past Q street and keep going. Behind the apartment building is an historic African American cemetery that was a stop on the Underground Railroad and is the last resting place of many ex-slaves. Rest on the benches while your dog chases squirrels.
- Ritz Carton Georgetown (3100 South Street NW): The staff is great and always has a treat for your dog. Best of all, you can enjoy a drink in the lobby bar with your dog!
- Francis Field (25th between M & N): totally fenced in, this large field is another unofficial dog park when there's no soccer game.
- Hiking trails: Separate from the paved bike path, there’s a network of wooded hiking trails going through Rock Creek Park, Archibold Glover Park, Battery Kemble Park, etc. You can see all the trails on Google Maps.