Why ride sharing?
- Uber and Lyft offer a terrifically efficient and cost effective way to get around town. Compare the cost of a ride for a family of 4 versus buying 4 Metro fares. Ride share always wins for convenience, comfort, and cost.
- You'll need a smartphone because everything is controlled from the app. Before you arrive, you should open an account and download the app.
- When you signup, you'll register your credit card so no cash is necessary, your ride will be charged to your card on file.
- The app is how your request a ride, see the car's approach on a map, and pay for your ride. When a driver accepts the ride, for security, the app will display the car's license plate # and the name and photo of the driver.
- Both Uber and Lyft offer different classes of service which usually equates to the number of adults the car can accomodate. The price for each class is displayed on the app and you can specify the class when requesting your ride.
- Don't be surprised if you request Uber or Lyft and a taxi shows up. Taxi drivers use it to fill in their down time.